Friday, November 03, 2006

Three things outside of my window that I particularly love.

1. This. The clouds. They're low and quick moving and the sky makes me want to drink cold water.















2. Rainbows. I haven't taken a picture yet that does one justice; I have to practice. Ireland often mixes its mist with sunlight, which results in rainbows so bright and low you can taste them. They're loud like Cyndi Lauper. They're almost offensive. When was the last time I saw so many bitchin' rainbows? Probably 1989 in my backyard sprinkler.


3. This guy. Every day he falls asleep in his office. When he's not sleeping he's frenetically talking to students with hands waving and head back in laughter. He drinks from a mug constantly. I like to think he's this bacchanal genius and no one cares that he's drunk because he's so fun.

















Other things I see out my window while reading (who now?) Yeats:

Loose dogs
walkers/runners
drunks
birds
planes
drunks

No comments: