Tuesday, January 16, 2007

La la la la la la laaaaaa (to be sung like a corpse) or Sure, parts were pretty, but maybe I should have read a synopsis first.

Hey do you want to see a guy's face get smashed to pieces with a wine bottle while he's standing next to his poor dad? What about a smattering of people getting shot about the head and neck? Are you aching for a creepy-ass lullaby to stay in your head for hours? Good news! El Laberinto del Fauno is out now. Run to the theaters, everyone. Now you know what to expect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, I saw this and had totally not been forewarned. I was expecting something more fantastical (although there was definitely no shortage of beautiful fantasy) and less gory and violent - in fact I had no idea there would be anything like that. I guess I had a bit more of the David Bowie "Labyrinth" in mind (less shocking in most respects, except for Bowie's shockingly tight pants). Your readers should thank you for the heads up.