Thursday, August 10, 2006

What's the story, morning glory?

In my apartment building this morning, while waiting for the elevator to arrive at my floor, I looked out the window and saw a beeeeeautiful woman sleeping on the roof two buildings away. She wasn't on a roof deck, or even a flat roof; about 3 feet from where she lay, there began a decline. Dangerous! She slept curled on a huge, blue blanket and with nothing over her. A small duffel bag supported her head. She wore blue jeans and a red tee-shirt with a bandana around her neck. Her long nut-colored hair lifted in the wind. I ran back to my apartment to get my camera, but I forgot about the whole lost keys situation, so I went back to the window to stare at her some more.

Who is she?! What was she doing?! Where'd she get the bravery to sleep on a slanted rooftop?! Is her story a happy or a sad one?! Why is she so pretty!? Where are my keys?!

I'm making up a million stories about her.

No comments: