Tuesday, September 26, 2006

TWO LITTLE BIRDIES!

Sean's parents flew to Ireland last Thursday night and stayed to Sunday. On Thursday Sean and I canoodled while waiting for the bus that would take us to his parents. By canoodling I mean I stood on Sean's steel-toed boot and asked, "That doesn't hurt?" and he didn't push me off. As I stood on his boot a sweet troll of a girl walked over, stared at us and shrieked, "TWO LITTLE BIRDIES!" Sean and I were like, "Wha?" She walked away and we wondered why she was alone at a bus stop at 9:30 PM and how it was possible, at 10 and as a girl, to sound so much like Steven Tyler. We let it go and started talking about how excited we were to see his parents when she came back over and screamed a raspy, "KISSIN AND HUGGIN!!"

Lately whenever anything strikes me as totally Irish and odd, I look at Sean and scream, "TWO LITTLE BIRDIES!" with a brogue.

On Friday, we went to the National Museum of Old Stuff and saw bodies preserved in bogs from the year 100 or so that still had curly hair and beards. We saw brooches and earings from 230 B.C. That's right. B. freakin C. There were swords and bowls with intricate decorations that kidnapped my brain so that all I thought about that day were hands from 2000 years ago holding swords and bowls.

We went on a rail and bus tour up to the Cliffs of Moher and Burren on Saturday. I've posted some pics of it HERE!. Beware- these are so Irish.

Sunday morning we all went to mass then ate an Irish breakfast with black and white pudding (TWO LITTLE BIRDIES!). After the Doc and Mrs. left Sean and I went to see "Little Miss Sunshine"; it's my new favorite movie. I know I lack the distance needed to correctly compare it with previously seen awesome movies. Also, I recognize that every book I last read is my new favorite book, as is the case right now. But they feel so favorite still. Anyway, after seeing my new favorite movie, Sean and I stood outside of the Savoy and Sean looked at me and said, "I'm homesick" and I said, "There's an anvil in my stomach" and he said, "I'm going to cry." And we totally did.

We're feeling better now. I started classes yesterday and want to adopt all of my professors. They will be my entertaining children. Teach me something new, Declan. Make Mama some waffles while you talk about Yeats, Dr. Clutterbuck (her real name).















Above are photos of my new favorite movie and new favorite book. Note the book is not Gulliver's Travels or Castle Rackrent, the other two books I'm reading, which indicates a lack of interest in the subject matter of my classes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to have you back Jess... I was so excited when I saw all these posts I hadn't read yet.... and I poured myself a glass of wine and read your blog. It was thoroughly entertaining... thanks, you little birdie you.

Greycats said...

How odd. Our book club choice is Gilead which we will discussing on Monday. Hope all is well and we miss you lots!

Anonymous said...

Nike Peyton Manning Jersey

The great seafarers of Atlantis or these early colonizers from the Brotherhood deserve to be studied and we can learn a great deal from how they ran their government or society Gain visibility within your marketTake a very focused approach to reaching your market STOP clipping before you get thereThis is illegal in many states but other groomers still use them

Mike Ditka Navy Jersey

Visit the Player Shop page to find your favorite player's official gear to show your support Imagine what you could achieve if you devoted 28 hours a week to doing something far more constructive?389] Before you open any of your emails, check to be sure you know the sender, and that there are no

Charles Tillman Authentic Jersey