Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I forgot I had a blog.

So. It's been a while. Here are some things I've done while not updating.

I've prepared an Easter dinner. Do you see those two loaves of bread back there? I made them. Hells yeah. One is coconut and dried fruit and the other is jalepeno and cheddar cheese. Sean and I also made meatballs in wine sauce, green bean casserole, stuffing, sweet potato mash, etc. I made that tub of butter from the milk of an Irish cow, and also whipped up that Mac computer. Domesticity!


I've read my fancy ass off. I think there are only three books I haven't read and those are the ones just sent to the publisher this minute. Other than those three, I've read every book ever written and am now in the process of writing essays on/ being tested on/ writing a thesis on them. I love it, except that I hate it.


I've stared at the gay mallards that sleep right outside my building's door, Fergus and Ron McGimpsey.


I've beaten a path into the ground on my way to the market.


I've written a note to my 39-year-old manboy of a flatmate who grunts, pounds on the wall, screams "motherfu--er!" and then giggles like a Victorian lady. E v e r y s i n g l e n i g h t n o w. He never answers his door and doesn't respond to knocks on the wall because I guess he loves getting letters. I wrote this after a hanging picture fell on my face.


I've received bullshit answers to my letters.


I've gone to 80's parties where the only shot of Sean cuts out his kickin' lime green sweatband.


I've stepped out and explored. I have no idea, seriously none, why they say the weather here is bad. The trees are blooming, the palms are swaying, the breeze blows cool from the ocean and the sun is freckling everyone's noses.


Hard to believe it's almost over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That note to your roommate was so darn funny!!! You slay me. Leigh Ann