Thursday, February 15, 2007

Dooce and champagne!

About three years ago, this friend of mine introduced me to this website. Since then, and mostly on company time, I've systematically worked my way through every post on Dooce.

Why? Because Heather's funny like Tina Fey is funny, she's in love with things, painfully self-questioning and very pretty. Some posts grab me and some posts maybe grab other people...who knows how these things work. This one grabbed me today and, as per usual, made me love Heather and her life in a way not too far from totes weird. I'm not used to knowing so much about a person who's not my friend, and sometimes I don't know what to do with the antsy impulses I get from reading her blog and feeling like her peer--the impulse to embrace her, react to her, try to find her phone number to tell her a few jokes and ask nagging questions about her awesome hair, the impulse to propose to Sean and buy property...as I said, totes weird. Maybe head over to the site if you're bored and see what you think. Is she as awesome as I think she is? Does she make you want a tire swing and a dog?



P.S. Sean and I got drunk on champagne at 3:30 in the P.M. to celebrate 4 years. 4 years? 4 years. And in apt Irish fashion we were then too lazy to do anything but lay around and snicker and giggle, which we did for a few perfect hours before he left me for his own single bed. 4 years!

1 comment:

sean said...

I plan to consider, with all due seriousness, accepting any proposal rendered, so long as it defines, clearly and inclusively, the size of an accompanying dowry.

Also, the use of "totes" and "as per usual" are two of my greatest reasons for loving this blog nearly as much as I love its author.