Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Sunshine

Yes, my dwindling time here paints Ireland in bright, happy hues. Now that I'm leaving soon I want to eat this island whole and lick up any crumbs. I already feel the missing of it sometimes when I wake up at 11:30 after reading in bed until 3; I think, I should have savored this Irish morning! gone to bed sooner and read outside at 8. I'm starting to touch my Ireland friends more, although I guess I've always touched them an above-average amount of times--that's a problem of mine. I'm space invasive and I love your perfume and probably your soft shirt too!

HOWEVER

Despite missing here already, there are times lately when, if I could, I would fly home immediately or better yet, take a time machine back a few weeks even because I'm missing so much there, namely, my sister, B. Entire proms and boyfriends are passing me by! I know that handsome kid's name down there, but I've never heard his voice or tested his seemliness for B in a series of timed physical fitness maneuvers or a bad joke to see if he'll laugh anyway.

Summer will pass without a sisters' weekend away.

College will come without me to help pack for it; I never thought it would be like that.

It all makes me feel so whiny.

But I do look at Lindsay's dress and feel a bit sunnier. You know? She's a ball of it. Sunshine I mean. Which I'm not there to see. And now I feel whiny again.


But that yellow! It's so happy!

But it's so far away.

But look how happy that other dude is! Yeah other dude! Yeah!

But who the f is that guy?

This is a vicious cycle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the other happy guy is my best friend, tim.

he's always like that when I'm around =)