Sunday, June 10, 2007

This is my hundred and one.

This blog is about 10 days away from being a year old and I just passed my 100 post mark. I'd like to commemorate with a favorites list.

Favorites list June 3-10, 2007
1. Sean and me playing each other our favorite songs circa age 6- his, "Born in the USA" and "Johnny 99" by Springsteen, mine, "The Nights the Lights Went out in Georgia" by Vicki Lawrence and "Roll on" by Alabama.
2. Leslie Mann's performance in Knocked Up. She is my living Madeleine Khan.
3. Mangetout and hummus.
4. James is gone. No more grunting/ yelling/ howling/ singing/ tin whistles.
5. Frisbee
6. 2 euro white sunglasses from an old hardware store
7. My paper. It's almost finished!
8. My paper-writing softest fleece. Ridiculous, yes, but also inspirational.
9. The Dettol that's kept me from getting Sean's sickness. Also, it says right on the back that it kills Rhinovirus...so in case I wake up from a coma (a la 28 weeks) and everyone has turned into a rhino, this shit is my savior.
10. The picture Sean took of the last 4 favorites from this list.



Back to work.

4 comments:

Michael Faris said...

That fleece is amazing! I bet it facilitates writing like crazy!

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha. You look like a mad magician. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha I know and love that fleece as well. How proud I am that I was there when you bought it, and when you scared the crap out of me when it magically appeared on your body on the gaol tour (and by "magically," I mean I turned away for a second)! :)

Jen said...

so i remembered your blog yesterday. that may sound strange, but the finals post was up there for a long time and i think i subconsciously stopped checking it- sorry! anyways, this morning i thought to myself "hm, i wonder if jess is still in finals" and then i looked and saw that in the span of maybe 2 weeks, you've been talking about rose gardens and kangaroo larvae (um, ew photo) and dressing like some kind of irish harry potter in anticipation of the final book. or perhaps your first book. i can't decide.

just wanted to stop in and say thanks for the giggles; i laughed all the way through june '07!

xoxo j