Friday, July 28, 2006

He takes my heavy things from me.

Sean kissed my forehead and took my heavy clothes from me last night.

He did this after we stripped, giggling in the hallway leading to our apartment.

We stripped after we walked, with patient steps past questioning faces, without any free records, doused by a thunderstorm for blocks and blocks.

We walked after we helped a music store owner rescue his sidewalk records from a light rain.

We rescued after we decided we loved (too much to take cover!) the few, chilled raindrops that landed on us like tiny birds and then flew away by evaporating on our hot skin.

We loved the few, chilled raindrops after we sweltered on the sidewalks of South Philly, walking home from a movie theater.

We sweltered and walked home after we saw "Lady in the Water".

We saw "Lady in the Water" after we meandered to the movie theater.

We meandered to the movie theater after Sean met me on the street, kissed my forehead and took my heavy bag from me.

No comments: