Thursday, July 06, 2006

lazy week

Because today was a day of work which came after a day of no work, it feels like tomorrow should be Tuesday. However, it will be Thursday- a most blessed day. I salute you, 4th of July, by laying back and playing some guitar the day after you came, for the weekend is almost here.

Like Li’l Kim, this will be my first free weekend in a very long while. I will entertain no visitors nor will I visit anyone. No appointments plague me, I'm no obligation's bitch, there will not even be any plans for fun. There may be cleaning, but I’m just sick enough to think that’s awesome.

My to-do list is as follows:

Go to the Salvation Army, if you feel like it.
If the mood strikes, finish Herzog.
Maybe rent a movie.
You may possibly crave a berry crisp. Make it. Or don’t.

I feel a little guilty about this idle weekend, but the forthcoming pleasure is surefire as a sober, southern man. I suspect it will be similar to, as Dave Attell once mused, eating a Bald Eagle egg…wrong, but filled with the sweet taste of freedom.

No comments: